I’ve jotted down some of the best lessons “Sex and the City” has taught me as well as many young women in their twenties – it truly is one of the best shows and actually provides many life lessons we should all pay attention to!
1. It’s okay to overthink sometimes – even Carrie Bradshaw was a major overthinker.
2. Getting drinks with your best girlfriends is always a good idea & can cure almost any bad day that comes your way.
3. Your shoes + handbag should always match.
4. Be selfish sometimes – don’t waste your time on the guy who won’t commit… his loss ladies.
5. Charlotte York once said, “But I don’t want to skip all the drama – that’s life.” There are times when I want to fast forward and get to the place I want to be… but it’s important not to rush and to enjoy exactly where you’re at in your life. It’s the journey not the destination that makes life so sweet.
6. Along with Charlotte’s wise words, Carrie has some of her own: “The problem is not your thighs, the problem is your head.” It’s easy to get caught up in how we think we should look – so it’s important to remember we’re fabulous just the way we are.
7. Discovering your worth might take some time and hard lessons may have to be learned, but once you do – you’re unstoppable.
8. "Sex and the City" has taught me to have faith in my future – to know that things will get better, no matter how difficult they might seem in the moment.
9. No matter how many times you’ve had your heart broken, it’s important to have an open mind and an open heart – not being guarded is an essential part of being in a successful relationship.
10. Be yourself – this show has taught me many things, but my most favorite it to just be myself. Life is crazy, hectic and doesn’t always make a whole lot of sense. But if you are your truest self, life is a little easier and more enjoyable to navigate.
"Sex and the City" is an iconic show that is fun and flirty but also has so many underlying lessons we could all learn from. It has taught me that I’m never alone and many of the things I experience, someone out there is experiencing too. I recommend watching this with a glass of wine in hand along with some chocolates in the other! (18+)
“After he left I cried for a week.
And then I realized that I do have faith – faith in myself.
Faith that I will one day meet someone who would be sure that I was the one.” - Carrie Bradshaw